Assuming your hair looks limp like a bundle, try this hibiscus and curd hair veil out and watch your hair troubles shrivel away this colder time of year!
Hair concerns have become so normal today — regardless of whether it is hair fall, loss of volume, dandruff, etc. Obviously, there are a few over-the-counter items that can assist with managing hair fall and limp hair, yet is there whatever can beat a decent supporting hair cover? It is the best strategy to support your braids during winter and blow some life into them.
At whatever point we manage hair inconvenience, we wind up making a beeline for the salon, yet at the same what about going au naturel? In the event that you’re someone whose scalp is shouting out for help and your hair looks inert like a heap of straw, we have some assistance!
Attempt a straightforward hair cover made with only two fixings—hibiscus and curd and there will be no returning to hair inconveniences.
Dr. Navnit Haror, Dermatologist at Miracle Skin and Hair Transplant Clinic, addressed HealthShots about the integrity in this two-fixing hair cover.
“Hibiscus blossom has been broadly utilized as a hair care cure in Asia, particularly China and India. It is brimming with nutrients and minerals which benefit the hair extraordinarily. It additionally contains numerous cell reinforcements which forestall untimely turning gray of hair.The most amazing thing about hibiscus is the way well it treats dandruff and scalp issues like psoriasis.” says Dr Haror.
“Curd or yogurt is one of the most outstanding regular conditioners for sound looking hair with high gloss and sheen. Curd deals with a wide range of hair – dry, slick or typical. It eliminates soil, abundance oil and item develop from the scalp and hair without peeling off all the dampness.” These two strong fixings have been utilized in hair care items from time and then some. Strong as well as they are not difficult to source as well. Thus, without squandering a moment, we should get down to whisking them together.
To know that, let’s dive into the nutritional qualities of the ingredients:
Not just a pretty flower, hibiscus is also a renowned herb that has extraordinary healing properties. The naturally occurring amino acids in hibiscus flowers provide the hair with the nutrients that help in promoting hair growth. These amino acids produce a structural protein called keratin which is the building block of hair.
Keratin binds the hair, makes them less prone to breakage, promotes the overall thickness of hair strands, and makes hair more manageable. Moreover, hibiscus flowers and leaves contain a high amount of mucilage which acts as a natural conditioner.
If you are looking for one solution for five hair problems, then place your bets on dahi or curd. It is a good source of protein, calcium, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids that make it an excellent ingredient for luscious and strong hair. Curd has lactic acids, zinc and biotin which cleanse the scalp, strengthens the roots and promotes hair growth. Due to its ability to moisturize and soften your hair, dahi can reduce the frizz and give your hair a lustrous shine. Curd naturally contains propionibacterium bacteria, so it can help you leave your dandruff behind.
“This hair mask will revive dull locks, bring life to lifeless hair, make them soft and bouncy and keep dandruff at bay.” adds Dr Haror.
Step by step guide to make hibiscus and curd DIY hair mask:
- Take a bowl and 4 tablespoons of curd in it. Try to use the thick variety as it will not drip on your clothes easily.
- Whisk the curd properly to ensure there are no lumps in it.
- Add 2 tablespoons of hibiscus flower powder. This powder is easily available in the market. If not, you can pick your own flowers, air-dry them and blend into a powder. Simple!
- Mix the powder and curd together to give you a beautiful magenta coloured mask.
Once you’ve made this mix, the next step is to apply it all over your hair. Its thick and creamy texture will make it easier for you to use it all along your hair length.
Here’s how to apply this hair mask for reaping complete benefits:
- Detangle your hair using a wide-toothed comb.
- Wear gloves on your hands to avoid hibiscus from dyeing your hands.
- Part your hair into 4 parts.
- You can use a brush to apply it but if you’re wearing gloves, applying it with your hands will be less time consuming.
- Place a dollop of hair mask on your hand and spread it all along your hair length.
- Using your two fingers like a scissor, hold the section of your hair in your fingers and go back and forth.
- This method will ensure that your hair mask coats all your hair evenly
- Once applied to your hair length, Apply the remaining amount of it onto your scalp and massage for 3 minutes.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water until the water runs clear.
- Apply a mild shampoo if you want.
- It is advised to let your hair air dry. You can use a hair dryer on a low heat setting if running late.
This natural DIY hair mask will work its wonders on your hair by making it nourished and glossy. But, what is it that makes it so legit?
While the lactic acid in curd really helps in softening your tresses, it can be a great alternative to your otherwise chemical conditioner. To achieve all the benefits of this amazing hair mask, gently massage the scalp and hair once a week with this mix. Be consistent to see it work its magic on your mane!
Did you like this article?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps us improve.
Other related Health ideas you might enjoy