Fully Funded Global Minds Scholarships: As one of its commitments to improvement participation, each scholastic year KU Leuven chooses excellent understudies from non-industrial nations as grant possibility to acquire their PhD from the biggest college in Belgium. The , the college’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation.
The point is to offer understudies the chance to direct PhD research in a ‘sandwich’ framework, and that implies that half of the examination happens at KU Leuven and half at the home foundation of the researcher, upheld by a nearby co-advertiser. The PhD degree is granted by KU Leuven.
Host Institution(s): K.U. Leuven and your Home Institution
Field(s) of study: PhD Research Degree in development-related topics
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Target group: Citizen of one of the countries included in the scholarship country list:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, D.R. Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Nepal, Philippines, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Financial Benefits from Global Minds Scholarships
Moreover, The scholarship covers tuition fees, monthly allowance, insurance, travel costs, research allowance, etc. For the full benefits list, refer to this link.
Eligibility Required for Global Minds Scholarships
- Firstly, the applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries included in the scholarship country list.
- Secondly, Candidates who have citizenship in the EU will not be selected. The same applies to applicants with a long-term EU residence permit.
- Thirdly, The candidate’s latest Master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2022 (including the ongoing calendar year).
- Additionally, The candidate is necessarily awarded an academic grade equivalent to High Distinction or higher. Degrees obtained with a final score equivalent to second class second/lower division will not be taken into consideration.
- Lastly, The research project must be of excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
The application procedure entails two steps: (1) first the candidate should obtain admission to a doctoral or predoctoral program preferably 2.5 months before the scholarship deadline. You can not finalize applications started after 15 January 2022. (2) Only after getting admissions, the candidate can apply for the scholarships. Lastly, The scholarship application deadline is 29 April 2022 at 5:00 PM GMT.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Did you like this article?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps us improve.