This article lists the most popular and easy to apply scholarships. Many educational organizations and academic institutes across the world are offering several scholarships for students in many majors at all grades.
Many ways are existing there for selecting the able candidate for the award in several applicants. These standards include educational achievements, sport wills, management skills, association with a specific society cultural ethics or community, age, or minority bases.
According to that, scholarships is one of the topics. It is also a part of life.
Thanks to the newly introduced student visa programme, students applying to Canadian universities can now expect a speedier visa processing time. With influence from June 8, 2018, Immigration, Citizenship Canada (IRCC), and Refugees has launched a new Student Direct Stream Canada (SDS) programme to assist students from India, the Philippines, China and Vietnam in obtaining visas quicker. The SDS programme is rumoured to be replacing SPP, the previous student visa scheme that allowed a quicker immigration procedure as well.
Before we proceed with SDS visa Canada, you need to have a rudimentary understanding of Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) and Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs).
Check out: Why Study In Canada?
What Is A Designated Learning Institution (DLI) For Canada SDS Visa?
A DLI is a university, school, or college that has been approved by a provincial or territorial authority to accept international students. In Canada, DLI covers all public universities, colleges, and major private universities and colleges. As a result, if you’re applying for a study permit, you’ll need a letter of acceptance from a DLI.
You should be aware that only DLIs are permitted to recruit overseas students; non-DLIs is not authorized to admit foreign students.
What Exactly Is A GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)?
A GIC is a fixed-term investment in Canada that offers a guaranteed rate of return.
To put it another way, if you’re an Indian student interested in studying in Canada with Student Direct Stream Canada, you’ll need to open a Canadian bank account online with one of the recognised banks. Once your account is established, the bank will place your GIC in a student or investment account that you will only be able to access once you arrive in Canada. It will only release your payments once your identity has been verified when you arrive in the country. While you can receive a lump-sum payment upon arrival, the remaining funds are distributed monthly or bi-weekly over a 10- to 12-month period.
Recommended Read: Best SOP samples for Canada student visa
Remember that the bank where you buy your GIC must provide you with one or more of the following:
- A certificate from the GIC
- A letter of attestation, a confirmation of the Investment Balance, and a confirmation of the Investment Directions
- Every GIC is verified by the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada), removing the chance of financial document fraud. SDS does not require any extra financial documentation to demonstrate to the IRCC that the student has sufficient cash to cover their tuition and living expenses.
Banks that offer GIC in India are | Student Direct Stream Canada
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC)
- SBI Canada
- HSBC Bank of Canada
Check out: What is the cost of studying in Canada?
What Are The SDS Canada Visa Eligibility Requirements?
To apply for a study permit through SDS, you must meet specific requirements, such as :
- Acceptance from a recognised post-secondary learning institution (DLI)
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000 paid for your first year of education
- A minimum score of 6 in IELTS with no band lower than 6 or a TEF score equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill in the TEF (Test d’évaluation de français – French language competence test) (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
Find the lowest-cost student housing by clicking on the banner in this blog!
Documents Required | Student Direct Stream Canada
If you match the eligibility requirements, you must submit the following documents:
- Acceptance letter from a DLI
- Proof of tuition price payment for your first year of study
- Proof of payment for a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) (certificate/attestation letter)
- TRF or TEF scorecard for IELTS
- A copy of your medical examination from a panel of doctors you’ve been referred to
- An academic background that is relevant and includes all academic documents
- For students planning to study in Quebec, there is an additional CAQ prerequisite.
Learn about: The grading system in Canada
Summing Up, Here Are Some Key Points On Student Direct Stream Canada:
- The time it takes to process a visa has been decreased to 45 days.
- Every college and institution with a recognised DLI is covered by SDS, giving students more options.
- A $10000 GIC payment
- Payment of the entire first year’s tuition
- A medical checkup must be completed one week prior to the application being submitted.
- Each module must have an IELTS score of 6.
The Student Direct Stream Canada programme appears to be a breath of fresh air for Indian students, who can now expect a faster visa, more options, and job and PR opportunities.
If you liked reading this blog on Student Direct Stream Canada then make sure you check out our other informative blogs linked below!
Did you like this article?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps us improve.